The following problems regarding the formation of non-governmental organisations exist:
- an unduly high minimum of founders required for the purpose of establishing a non-governmental organisation that is membership-based;
- prohibitions on children, convicted persons, legal persons, non-nationals and public officials establishing non-governmental organisations that are absolute or unsupported by relevant and sufficient reasons;
- prohibitions on establishing non-governmental organisation outside one's country of residence and/or nationality that are absolute or unsupported by relevant and sufficient reasons;
- official support, whether through law or other measures, for efforts to discourage or prevent the formation of non-governmental organisations; and
- an inability to establish non-membership-based non-governmental organisations through gift or bequest.
Give us Examples of Challenges by clicking on Submit Information