Foreign Associations and NGOs
The following problems regarding the operation of foreign non-governmental organisations exist:
- there is no legal basis at all for them to operate;
- they can only undertake activities after forming an entirely new organisation;
- they are suspected of not being willing to observe the law simply because they are foreign;
- they are subject to different and disproportionate requirements as compared with domestic non-governmental organisations both in order to obtain approval to operate and as regards reporting on their activities; and
- nationals are discouraged from joining or working with them.
Give us Examples of Challenges by clicking on Submit Information